- Issue Time
PVC foam board is widely used, but many people don't know much about its specific manufacturing process. This article will specifically introduce the manufacturing process of PVC foam board.
The PVC foam board is made of PVC as the main material, added with a foaming agent and flame retardant, and is extruded with special equipment. It is moisture-proof, non-absorbent, and easy to form. The following is the manufacturing process of PVC foam board.
1. First of all, you can use the engraving machine to shape according to the design drawing, and the surface should be pasted with a Minai board or painted. However, if the surface of the hollow foam board is uneven, the vacuum overmolding method can only be used, and the material is a 2mm PVC board.
2. Bending molding is only suitable for solid foamed boards, and hollow foamed boards are not applicable. The processing method is to use upper and lower molds, cover the surface of the wooden mold with aluminum plates and heat the solid foamed board to a plasticizing temperature of 70~90℃, and use the upper and lower molds to directly extrude the surface of the foamed board without any changes.
3. When the self-adhesive PVC is extruded and manufactured, the surface can be printed with wood grains with different patterns according to the requirements, which can save unnecessary processing procedures.
4. The surface of PVC foam board can be treated with baking varnish, and the general category can be divided into general baking varnish, piano baking varnish, and ceramic baking varnish according to different processing methods. Anti-UV ingredients are added to the piano paint processing to avoid changes in surface color. In terms of surface hardness, ceramic baking varnish has the advantage of scratch resistance.
5. Next is the common processing method. The surface is pasted with crystal board (usually single-sided colored acrylic board), Meinair board, and Meinair paper. In the edge banding part, the general processing is mostly automatic edge banding machine. The automatic edge banding machine is divided into two types: roller type and crawler type. However, when using hollow foam, it is recommended to use a color similar to that of the surface coating material to avoid the obvious color differences when the paper is pasted and contracted.
6. Drilling can benefit the crawler-type edge banding machine, which is less likely to cause unevenness on the surface after edge banding. The pressure adjustment is also very important. The color of the PVC foam board is also directly processed and drilled by an NC machine. The material itself can increase the air content of the foam board by reducing the density according to the needs of the application, achieving the effect of heat insulation and sound insulation, and cost reduction. For example, the reduced density of 15mm PVC foam board has the same weight as the weight of 10mm PVC foam board with the same volume. Some manufacturers use vacuum forming for foaming boards for tabletop molding or large machine covers, but there is a disadvantage when used for tabletop molding, that is, the surface is poorly resistant to mold and easy to wear.
After the above general introduction to the manufacturing process of PVC foam board, we can have a more detailed understanding of its characteristics and performance. If you want to know more about PVC foam board after reading the above, you can contact us for more detailed solutions.
As a professional supplier of materials for advertising, digital printing, and construction, we have accumulated rich manufacturing experience in this field. We have a professional production team and strict quality inspection system, which can fully control the quality of our products. We are always committed to providing customers with quality products and services, and we can also provide effective solutions according to customer needs. If you are interested in our PVC foam board, please contact us immediately!