- Issue Time
By understanding the precautions for the use of self-adhesive vinyl, its use value can be better brought into play. Let's understand the points of attention when using self-adhesive vinyl.
Self-adhesive vinyl is widely used in the decoration industry. For its application, we need to pay attention to many things. By learning about the following use of self-adhesive vinyl, we can better play the role of self-adhesive vinyl.
The method of removing self adhesive vinyl
To aid the removal of self adhesive vinyl, you can very gently heat the vinyl with a low heat setting on your hair dryer to soften the adhesive. Our self adhesive vinyl can be used on windows and removed in this way too.
Any glue residue will clean off with WD40, stickystuff remover, surgical spirit, baby wipes, acetone.
The method of cutting self-adhesive vinyl
(1) When cutting, the self adhesive vinyl side is facing up and the paper lining on the cutting mat, or fed into the machine, the bottom paper back is facing up, and the vinyl side facing you.
(2) The first step in vinyl production is to prepare your cutting file in the cutting machine software you use. (If you don't have an electronic cutter, you can cut the self-adhesive vinyl manually, but it will be more difficult to get a complex design), you can also use a metal cutting die for this.
(3) No matter what kind of mat and machine you are using, please put the adhesive vinyl paper back down on the mat, with the colored vinyl side facing up.
The method of using transfer tapes
(1) First, you need to cut out your design from the sticky vinyl and remove the excess vinyl. For the best application, the blade of your cutter will only go through the vinyl, not into or through the back of the paper.
(2) If the blade cuts into the paper backing, it may be more difficult to remove the decal from the backing, or the vinyl may have come off, making it more difficult to attach the transfer tape.
(3) When your design is cut, you only need to cut a piece from a piece of transfer tape to fit your project and smooth it to the top of the design.
(4) After leveling, please turn it over and rub the back of the vinyl to make it adhere to the transfer tape from the back of the vinyl, using a scraper.
(5) If it does not completely transfer to the tape, please continue to rub the transfer hard to stick the tape on the table with the back of the vinyl paper facing you, so you can push it onto the transfer tape (instead of back to the backing paper).
(6) Then, you can peel off the transfer tape, put on the decal tape and remove it from the backing. Your decal has now been moved to the transfer paper and is ready to be brought to the surface of your project.
Let self adhesive vinyl repair your surface
(1) Any surface to be coated with vinyl must be clean and free of surface treatment to ensure good adhesion.
(2) The newly painted surface should be cured before applying the graphics. Please consult the paint manufacturer for advice on the schedule, as some may be very long.
(3) Avoid greasy, rough or porous surfaces. Surfaces that are easy to outgas may generate bubbles under the vinyl and eventually cause the adhesive to completely fail. For example, polycarbonate, some acrylic resins, and surfaces treated with silicone resins, waxes, sealants or varnishes.
(4) Special care must be taken when applying vinyl to other self adhesive vinyl surfaces, such as flexible truck sides, banners, and stretched logo surfaces. For example, children's riding toys contain plasticizers, which can migrate to the applied mask and decompose the adhesive or prevent its absorption.
(5) It is best to prepare the surface by spraying or using hot washing water before it is completely dry, and then wipe the entire surface with alcohol with a clean lint-free cloth, rather than wipes, because they contain emulsifiers to keep the wipes moist and can stay lower the hidden layer behind, let it dry completely, and then proceed to the application.
Sounda can provide you with many types of self-adhesive vinyls with excellent performance and long service life. If you want to know more about self-adhesive vinyl after reading the above, please contact us for a comprehensive solution.
As a professional manufacturer of advertising, digital printing, and construction materials, we always insist on providing customers with high-quality products. We have an experienced production team and a complete management system, and strictly handle every detail of the product. We can also continuously adjust and optimize the solution technology according to customer needs and provide customers with thoughtful one-stop service. If you are interested in our self-adhesive vinyl, please contact us immediately!